Dan resides on Cape Cod, MA with his two sons Victor and David. His instrument of choice is a violin made by luthier Ray Melanson. Mr. Melanson won a Gold Medal for tone at the 2012 Art of Sound International Competition. The violin is based on a Giuseppe Guarneri del Jesu violin made in 1742. Guarneri del Jesu violins are considered among the best violins in the world only rivaled by Stradivarius instruments.
Dan performs solo and chamber music concerts throughout the year. In addition, Dan provides music for many events such as weddings, cocktail parties, corporate events, private parties and many others.
● First Violinist and Founder - The Cape
Cod String Quartet - capecodstringquartet.com
● Detroit Symphony Civic Orchestra
Detroit, MI – First Violin – 2006
● Sturgis Public Charter School Hyannis
Strings Faculty - Present
● Suzuki Violin Certification - 2010 - Present
● Cape Conservatory - Violin Faculty - 2011 - Present
Dan Flonta is Suzuki Certified and teaches the Suzuki method as well as in the Romanian Violin Tradition.
● Bowling Green State University - Master of Music
Violin Performance May 2007
● Gheorghe Dima Music Academy - Cluj-Napoca
Romania - Bachelor of Music Violin Performance